09 June 2017

More Russian love

I had no idea that the cumbersome Russian would deliver so much love.
At first I had my doubts I would be able to handle such a big thing and appeared rather difficult to get along with.
Then I worked out where she shines best and how to focus on her strengths; if I am careful and don't push her too hard she does reward me.

gold in the mangroves
refitted Russian projector lens 35KP-1,8/120  1/3200sec

The images I can create with that big lens, that never was intended to make but rather show (it's a projection lens after all), are unique.
The blend of relative sharpness and the quirky bokeh for the background really help to isolate subjects where I want to tell a story, instead of just mere recording a place or event.

fishscales on the water
refitted Russian projector lens 35KP-1,8/120   1/10000sec


stay with me
refitted Russian projector lens 35KP-1,8/120  1/1250sec



.

No comments:

Post a Comment