09 May 2016

Back-lit plants

More and more I dwell on the shapes and highlights that plants produce when viewed back-lit.
I used exclusively Pentax-110 lenses adapted from a miniature SLR system of the 70's to produce this set.

Fluffy grass in the afternoon_c
Pentax-110 50mm f2.8  1/3200sec

Fluffy pink_c
Pentax-110 50mm f2.8  1/25sec + adapter with 2-blade aperture control

Spiky abstract_c
Pentax-110 50mm f2.8  1/320sec

70's bokeh_c
Pentax-110 50mm f2.8  1/2500 + adapter with 2-blade aperture control

At the same time I had with me a native auto-focus lens for my camera but I failed to produce any images that I liked.
For static subjects, where the bokeh is important to me, the modern lenses just can't give me what I look for. With a modern lens, as I compose my image I never really know what it will look like until the image is taken as the camera will close down the aperture of the lens only then and not show it while I compose. I find that for critical work that is not how I want to take my  photographs.
Manual focus and manual aperture glass on the other hand shows me that very instant I touch the lens how the final image will look like, no guessing or chimping after the shutter was released to see if I "got it".

.

No comments:

Post a Comment